AML Advisory Group is seeking a Paralegal for our bank client located in Miami, FL
Primary Job Function:
The Paralegal's main focus will be to support the General Counsel on various legal matters involving corporate banking, domestic and international banking. The Paralegal will be a key team member of the legal team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Legal Department attorneys to design, document and implement various processes and procedures applicable to the operation of the Legal team.
- Assist with reviewing and drafting a broad range of contracts, supporting documents and other transaction documents.
- Assist and support identification and review of documents and preparation of responses to subpoenas and legal process matters.
- Perform routine legal research and analysis on a periodic basis on a variety of legal and/or regulatory topics.
- Assist and support in all phases of small business/commercial and industrial/commercial real estate credit transactions including the preparation and review of various credit facility agreements and ancillary documents.
- Drafts summaries, correspondence, pleadings, settlement documents, agreements, forms, marketing materials, company policies and other commonly used legal documents.
- Conduct due diligence and review related materials and prepare due diligence checklists.
- Collaborate with team members and other functional individuals to support various requests for information.
- Serve as a focal point on all legal requests.
- Administrative management of legal services intake, billing, preparation of dashboards, executive summaries and presentations.
- Organize, catalogue, process, and maintain legal files, information and other documents up to date in a timely manner in a paperless and electronic format and consistent with the Bank's retention policy and legal obligations.
- Support strategic projects, as assigned.
- Assist the General Counsel and take other responsibilities as requested by the General Counsel; perform other functions and/or duties as assigned
- Education: BA from an accredited institution or ABA approved Paralegal Certification. Law degree from another jurisdiction is favorably recognized.
- Experience: Five (5) years minimum of relevant experience in financial services or transactional either in-house with a multinational organization or a major law firm.
- Must be bilingual in both English and Spanish. Ability to fluently speak, understand, read and write both languages.
- Competitive salary and variable compensation.
- Hybrid work model (remote and on-site work)
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid parental leave.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits